PRIVACY STATEMENT (COMPLAINTS)
Jost Australia Pty Limited ABN 60 001 081 778 ('Jost/We/Our/Us') sees the importance of privacy to this organisation, its customers and other stakeholders. As such Jost is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information that we hold.
This is part of our organisations:
Jost places high priority on effectively dealing with any complaints dealing about privacy that You may have.
- legal obligations under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988;
- ethical and business obligations; and
- service commitment to You.
At all times the conduct under this Privacy Complaints Policy ('Policy') will be governed by the following principles:
- all complaints will be treated seriously;
- all complaints will be dealt with promptly;
- all complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner;
- the complaint will not affect Your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements that exist between Jost and You.
Who may complain under this Policy?
If You have provided us with personal information You have a right to make a complaint, have it investigated and dealt with under this Policy. You will have our assistance and co-operation in any complaint.
What is a privacy complaint?
A privacy complaint relates to any concern or dispute that You have with our privacy practices as it relates to Your personal information.
This could include matters such as:
- how personal information is collected;
- how personal information is stored
- how this information is used or disclosed;
- how access is provided.
What do I do if I have a complaint about privacy practices?
Jost resolves grievances at the local level if possible. If You have a complaint about privacy please contact our office on (02) 9838 8100 as a first step.
All complaints will be logged on a database/complaints register.
You may complain orally or in writing sent to Jost Australia Pty Limited 18 - 20 Prince William Drive, Seven Hills NSW 2147. Usually Your contact person with Jost will be the proper person to discuss or resolve Your complaint, however, if Your privacy complaint is not resolved the matter will then be referred to the next level of management.
The goal of Jost's Grievance Procedure y is to achieve an effective resolution of Your complaint within a reasonable timeframe [ie: 28 days or as soon as practicable].
Once your complaint has been made, the point of contact may then resolve the matter in a number of ways:
- Request further information and investigation: Your initial contact may request further information from You. You should be prepared to give as many details as possible including details of any relevant dates and documentation. This will enable the contact to investigate the complaint and determine an appropriate and useful solution. All details provided will be kept confidential.
The complaint may be investigated. The organisation will try to do so within [72 hours/as soon as possible]. It may be necessary to contact others in order to proceed with the investigation. This may be necessary in order to progress your complaint.
- Discuss options: We will discuss options for resolution and if You have suggestions about how the matter might be resolved You should discuss these with your contact. The contact could also suggest other solutions or give examples of how the personal information can be revised or stored in a different way.
- Refer to CEO: If Your complaint is not resolved at the local level, it will be referred to the CEO. The CEO will then be provided with the background and may discuss the complaint with the employees, or other parties that are involved.
- Resolution: You will be informed of the outcome and the reasons for the decision. If this does not resolve the complaint, the matter will be referred to a mutually agreed intermediary.
- If after the above steps have been followed you are still dissatisfied with the outcome You may refer the complaint to the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
Follow-up of the complaint
Your contact at Jost will contact you after approximately six weeks to ensure that you have no further concerns.
Jost will keep a record of Your complaint and the outcome.
Jost is unable to deal with anonymous complaints, as we are unable to investigate properly and follow-up such complaints.
However, in the event that an anonymous complaint is received, Jost will note the issues raised and try and resolve them appropriately.
For any further information about this Privacy Complaints Policy please contact our office on (02) 9838 8100.