PRIVACY STATEMENT (POLICY)
(For the attention of individuals whose personal information may be collected by this organisation)
A Customer may request access to personal information held about them by Jost collected after 21 December 2001, or personal information collected before that date but which Jost continues to use.
Under the NPPs, 'personal information' is any information (whether or not true, and whether or not held in a material form) about an individual from which their identity is apparent or is reasonably ascertainable.
Jost collects personal information about a Customer for the purposes of:
Jost may also use the information to inform Customers about goods or services which Jost considers might be of interest to the Customer. The Customer may notify Jost at any time that they do not wish to receive this information, by advising Jost in writing directed to the address shown above.
- Fulfilling the Customer's order for goods and services; and
- Processing and considering the Customer's application for consumer credit, and if successful, managing the Customer's credit account with Jost.
Jost may provide personal information about a Customer to agents or contractors acting on Jost's behalf to collect debts or recover goods (or such other contractors providing services to Jost). The identity of these contractors and service providers may change from time to time.
The Customer agrees that where they have provided personal information about another individual to Jost, the Customer will ensure that the individual is aware of:
If a Customer does not provide Jost with all of the personal information requested, Jost:
- the supply of that personal information and the purposes of its collection by Jost; and
- the individual's ability to request access to that information under the Privacy Act 1988 (and to advise the Customer if they think the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date).
- may not be able to fulfil the Customer's order for goods or services; or
- may not be able to access (any may therefore reject) the Customer's application for credit.
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices or wish to make a complaint about how your personal information is managed, please contact our office on (02) 9838 8100. Complaints will be handled under the Jost's Privacy Complaints Policy.
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of the personal information that we hold. This includes appropriate measures to protect electronic materials and materials stored and generated in hard copy.
Once Jost no longer needs Customer information, steps are taken to destroy it in order to safeguard privacy.
Jost contracts out data storage and processing functions. When Jost contracts out these services, we take measures to protect the information by using a reputable archiving company, ensuring that all hard copies are destroyed once electronically archived and that electronic information kept on site is kept in a restricted access safe.
The personal information collected is collected by Jost Australia Pty Limited ABN 60 001 081 778 ('Jost') 18- 20 Prince William Drive, Seven Hills NSW 2147.
Type of personal information collected
- Your Name;
- Career History;
Use and disclosure
Other personal information is collected for the purpose of:
Jost will usually disclose this information (and only to the extent necessary) to:
- selling you our product;
- selling you our services ;
- processing payment.
- our insurer/s; and
- agents/contractors that provide Jost with services.
What happens if you choose not to provide the information?
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide Jost with the personal information we request , we may not be able to provide you with the service/ sell the product/process your payment in a particular way/extend credit.
Sources of information
Where possible Jost will collect the personal information it requests directly from Jost's customers.
Jost sends information overseas on a regular basis to our parent company in Germany. As a related body corporate to Jost, the NPPs permit Jost to disclose a Customer's personal information to our parent body, but its uses of that information are then restricted to the purpose for which Jost has originally collected the information.
This access policy is directed to those individuals whose personal information is held by Jost.
At all times conduct under this access policy will be governed by the following principles:
- All requests for access will be treated seriously;
- All requests will be dealt with promptly
- All requests will be dealt with in a confidential manner;
- Your request to access your personal information will not affect your existing obligations or the commercial arrangements between you and Jost.
Form of Access
Jost will provide access by allowing you to inspect, take notes of or receive copies or extracts of the personal information that we hold about you.
You can make a request in writing to Jost Australia Pty Limited, 18 - 20 Prince William Drive, Seven Hills NSW 2147.
To obtain access you must provide proof of your identity. This is necessary to ensure that personal information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is not unreasonably impacted.
Access may be denied
We may deny a written request for access if:
Where possible, Jost will provide you with access to your personal information. It may do so by providing access to the appropriate records or where disclosure in that manner is not appropriate, via an 'intermediary' who is able to fully explain the contents of our records to you.
- the request does not relate to the personal information of the individual making the request;
- providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of any person;
- providing access would create an unreasonable impact to the privacy of others;
- the request is frivolous or vexatious;
- the request relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings;
- providing access would prejudice our negotiations with the individual making the request;
- access would be unlawful or denial of access is authorised or required by law;
- access would prejudice law enforcement activities;
- access discloses a 'commercially sensitive' decision making process or information; or
- any other reason provided for by the NPPs.
We will amend any personal information in our records that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date..
Where there is a dispute about the right or forms of access these will be dealt with in accordance with Jost's Grievance Policy.
We will take all reasonable steps to provide access within 30 days of your request. In cases where the request is not complicated or does not require access to a large volume of information, we will provide information within 14 days.
Costs and charges
The NPPs allow Jost to charge a reasonable fee to fulfill a request for access to personal information. Our fee relates to our costs of retrieving your personal information from our systems.